Wednesday, July 10, 2013

1990 Honda Accord OBD 1 Connector

I recently started looking for the OBD 1 connector for a 1990 Honda Accord. I watched a couple of videos online and they all showed the female connector. I found a male connector. I looked for it on the Honda, and being this my first time working on something like this, I doubted this was the connector I was looking for.

This is the connector:

I saw it and continued looking for a female connector. I went online and saw the same one, went back to the car and stuck a soft piece of jumper wire from my breadboard in it to close the circuit. I failed. It was too soft. I continued doing this but had no luck. I stuck my house key into the connector and this worked. Turned the key and the light gave me a number 43 code.

I hope this helps someone out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment